There are many ways you can get involved as a volunteer!
If you sign up to volunteer, we'll send you 100 business cards to start helping spread the word immediately.
We encourage you to:
CANVASS YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
- Everyone is getting out with Pokemon Go, so why not go out with a better purpose and tell your neighbors why you are working to clean up our democracy!
- First read our FAQ sheets on Prop 59 and a Constitutional Amendment to get up to speed about Prop 59 and then go door to door and speak to your neighbors about why you are volunteering.
- When you've finished your neighborhood, branch out and see new parts of the city and meet new people.
- Get people to sign the petition to pledge YES ON PROP 59
CREATE AN EVENT
- Create an event and invite friends
- Have a speaker or schedule one of ours
- Show a movie (you can watch Pay 2 Play: Democracy's High Stakes for free)
- Enter the info for all the petitions we gather
- Help create phone bank lists
- Get other organizations in the state to endorse our campaign
- Get candidates or legislators to endorse YES ON 59
- Host a fundraising party
- Write fundraising emails/letters to people you think would donate to our cause
- Get 5 friends to pledge to donate $28 towards a 28th Amendment
- If you have time in the next 3 months, we'd love your dedicated support
- Call other Yes On CA 59 supporters and get them more engaged
- Reach out to new people and getting them on board
- Join our social media messaging team
- We need you to spread the word to your connections and groups
- We need people who are super volunteers who can help post each week
- We're going to have special campaign days where we get people to share images or videos of why they support our campaign
- Join our video team to create some fun videos
- We need great writers to write for our blog
- We need people write letters to the editor of their local papers
- We need people to help write compelling reasons why different people should care about this issue.